UPDATED Visitor Restrictions from 11:59pm Thursday 15 July 2021
Following the acting premier’s announcement yesterday from 11:59pm Thursday 15 July Visitors are not permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life and essential care and support reasons.
Visitors are not permitted into aged care or other residential facility settings, except for end-of-life and essential care and support reasons.
Restrictions on Visitors (End-of-life support):
- Two visitors at a time
- No time limits;
Definition of essential care and support reasons:
- To provide essential care or support for the residents immediate physical or emotional wellbeing, including support for people living with dementia
- As an interpreter or to provide language support
- To learn to support the patient or residents care upon discharge
Restrictions on Visitors (essential care and support reasons):
- Two visitors at one time
- No time limits
- No more than two visitors per day, excluding dependents
If you are visiting for permitted reasons please follow these guidelines during your visit:
- Please contact the home manager, lead clinical staff in charge or administration staff in prior to coming to the home so we can book a suitable a visiting time;
- Visitors are required to wear face masks when in an indoor space or in any outdoor space;
- All workers (including non-essential staff and contractors) are required to wear face masks when in any indoor and outdoor space;
- Upon entry, use hand sanitiser for 20 seconds;
- Report to reception, have your temperature checked and complete the electronic QR sign-in declaration which screens for COVID-19. Visitors must not have a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or more;
- Visitors must follow infection control procedures, such as regular handwashing and social distancing with staff, residents and your loved one. Visitors are also required to wear single-use OC Health supplied masks at all times while inside the residence, even in a resident’s room;
- If you are unwell at any time after your visit, please alert the Residence Manager immediately.
Keep in touch with your loved ones through electronic means such as face time or window visits which can be arranged through contacting Lifestyle staff on the details below.
We will be publishing regular updates to the OC Health website found in the following link www.ochealth.com.au.
In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
July 16th, 2021